9 May 2013

Finalising the Lighting for the Apartment

During my meeting with Million Lighting recently, to finalise by lighting selection,Edwin Strongly recommended (to the point of insisting) that I use Flos wall washers for my walls.


FLOS - Pure 2 (wall washer)
In order to convince me he got one of his lighting designers to do a lighting simulation for me. 

Wall Washer Effect without Dining Light


Wall Washer Effect with Dining Light
The lights are currently being flown in from Europe as they don't have enough stock here. There is however a problem with this light. The light as a built in Potential Meter. What that means is that the light fitting can be dimmed individually. Ie I can can have 4 lights on one track and all 4 have different lighting intensity (This is normally used especially in museums). How is this a problem you might say. Well, it's because the apartment lights will all be linked up using the MK Astral Z-Wave automation switches. If the light has a built-in Potential Meter then I can't use it with a Dimmer Switch. Ie I can't dim the lights at a touch of a button. I have to go to the light fitting and physically dim them one by one. Well I guess what I can do is set the lighting levels for these wall washer and just let them be.


No comments:

Post a Comment